Or Wags as the people in the coupon world like to call it. Ok, so I have NEVER been a fan of going to Walgreens to pick up anything other than prescriptions. I have always felt everything is overpriced so therefore I have never paid much attention to it. Well, looks like I am eating my words a lot lately. Who knew they had great deals at Walgreens??? The one that I thought was especially great was their Dove's Men Care. If you bought one men's face and body for $5.99, you received a $6 Register Rewards. I bought two and had to do them in separate transactions in order to get the Rewards twice. So basically, YOU GET THEM FOR FREE!!!! How AWESOME is that? Oh, and I had coupons for $1.50 off each of the body cleansers so I basically made money. I also had to get my hubby some Zyrtec because he has crazy allergies and they were on sell there as well. I was able to get $10 in Register Rewards if I bought two 30 day supply Zyrtec bottles. Oh, and did I mention I had a coupon for that as well??? I finally think I am starting to get the hang of this. So today, I spent a little less than $50 total on everything, but with the Register Rewards I received it came to $26.93. Let it be known that the Zyrtec alone would have been over $40. If I had not used coupons and sales, the total would have been over $75. This is pure craziness!
Friday, February 12, 2010
Walgreens
Or Wags as the people in the coupon world like to call it. Ok, so I have NEVER been a fan of going to Walgreens to pick up anything other than prescriptions. I have always felt everything is overpriced so therefore I have never paid much attention to it. Well, looks like I am eating my words a lot lately. Who knew they had great deals at Walgreens??? The one that I thought was especially great was their Dove's Men Care. If you bought one men's face and body for $5.99, you received a $6 Register Rewards. I bought two and had to do them in separate transactions in order to get the Rewards twice. So basically, YOU GET THEM FOR FREE!!!! How AWESOME is that? Oh, and I had coupons for $1.50 off each of the body cleansers so I basically made money. I also had to get my hubby some Zyrtec because he has crazy allergies and they were on sell there as well. I was able to get $10 in Register Rewards if I bought two 30 day supply Zyrtec bottles. Oh, and did I mention I had a coupon for that as well??? I finally think I am starting to get the hang of this. So today, I spent a little less than $50 total on everything, but with the Register Rewards I received it came to $26.93. Let it be known that the Zyrtec alone would have been over $40. If I had not used coupons and sales, the total would have been over $75. This is pure craziness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you did fantastic out there!!!now following you:)
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!
ReplyDeleteWalgreens and I are old friends. I learned about the register rewards by accident when I forgot my coupon and they had to re-ring up the same thing I bought a second time (and gave me a second register reward) so that they could deduct my 55 cent coupon (it was cut and in the car I had to go back in!!). Then the two 5.00 register rewards later paid for my cough syrup medicine when i was seriously not a happy camper.
ReplyDeleteYay walgreens!
Puanani503-Great! I am glad to see there are other mom's out there wanting to clip coupons and save money like me. = )
ReplyDeleteDanielle, I am a HUGE fan now. I seriously want to sit people down and discuss with them how much money they could save by shopping at Walgreens. I always discounted them due to my ignorance. = )