Monday, February 15, 2010

Super Stoked


Ok, so I decided tonight was going to be the night that I would go and use my "Register Rewards" at Walgreens and see how I could do. I had $22 worth of rewards and boy was I stoked when I walked out of Walgreens. Never in my life did I think I would go to Walgreens for grocery shopping as I always felt it was a ripoff. NOT TRUE!!! I just bought $45 worth of stuff for a little over $1 after I used my Register Rewards. Woohoo!!!! As usual, I took a picture as I was QUITE pleased with myself. I bought 4 boxes of cereal, 2 boxes of pop tarts, 2 things of Cottonelle moist wipes, 4 toothbrushes, one thing of mascara, and two jars of peanut butter. Do not get me wrong, once we are out of debt, we will not be purchasing some of this stuff, but for right now it is ok. My husband could eat pure sugar and still never gain a pound. The sugary stuff is for him, not me or my little man. So the trick to having a successful trip to Walgreen's is this, you HAVE to wait until things are on sale. The markup is ridiculous there, but when they have a sale it is actually a good price. Use one of their coupons if they have it and then make sure to find any manufacturer's coupons as well. Literally everything I purchased had a coupon in addition to being on sale. So far, the blogs I have really enjoyed have been afullcup.com, thekrazycouponlady.com, and couons.com. If you are not already friends with people on FB you should friend them. STL Mommy is great as is Common Sense Money. They leave status updates with the latest and greatest deals multiple times a day. Hope this helps guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment