Thursday, January 21, 2010

Triple Coupon Days

Ok, so I have determined that this is the way to go as far as grocery shopping. Although I am not completely sure how the triple coupon thing works. You can stock up on so many great things that are non-perishable. They had Annie's mac and cheese on sale for $.99. Combine that with my coupon for $.50 off and triple it and voila, free mac and cheese!!! Feels amazing. I was able to get many different things for next to nothing. It is a lot of work, I am not going to lie. You have to get all of the grocery stores ads and see what you would like, then go on line and look for coupons for the items you would like. We went and spent $25 but saved $27. That is what I call awesome!!! I am actually looking forward to next month because I think I can do really well now that I am getting on my feet with the whole coupon thing. In the end, grocery shopping is much cheaper at your local grocery store as long as they have double and triple coupon days.

The easiest way that I have found to organize my coupons is to get a small and compact filing system. I am posting pictures of mine so you can see what I mean. It will be easy to keep it in the bag or the car. I plan on keeping mine in the car so I have the coupons all of the time. That way if I go out to pick something up I don't forget anything. I made my own categories as you can see, but I already know that I need a few more but do not have the room in my filing system. Hopefully this helps someone else out there.


3 comments:

  1. I use the exact same thing. I have one for the grocery store (its green for grocery) and one for 'other' like drug stores or restaurants or entertainment etc. I bought my mom three,, her third is for like sears and bed bath and beyond. I just dont go there till I have a coupon and I wait till I do so I don't store them just yet!

    Awesome post! Plus I love that your getting the organic, healthier stuff too!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. We still have a household trying to get over being sick. I do like the idea of having more than one. I might have to do that as well so I can free up some space for other stuff. If you ever know of any great organic deals, please let me know. Do you have a Whole Foods near you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually get regular blog updates from this blogger Jinxy... and I just got one this week regarding Whole Foods (which we don't have nearby but we do have some organic areas in our regular stores).

    http://jinxyknowsbest.blogspot.com/2010/02/free-oikos-greek-yogurt-at-whole-foods.html

    ReplyDelete