Thursday, January 28, 2010
Out with the old...
Ok so it is out with the old and in with the new...eventually. We are downsizing our non-necessities right now and as hard as it was at first, it is kind of liberating now. In a weird way it feels really good. Granted, our house will look very bare but that is ok. We have all we need and if we had not gotten ourselves into this mess we wouldn't need to do it. We will have no table to eat at because we are selling both of them. That is right. No table. When I eat lunch I eat at my son's table with him in one of his tiny IKEA chairs. You can only imagine how comfortable it is for a lady that is 7 months pregnant. Haha. I am just thinking of it in terms of it being a bonding experience. = ) We also sold the kegerator which was also a sad day. I bought that as a Christmas gift for Kevin many years ago so it had some sentimental value but we figure we can always buy another one when the time is right. The thing that was very hard to let go were my Louis Vuitton bags and shoes. I did keep two of them but I am consigning two purses, a toiletry bag, luggage and my shoes. I figure it is going to a greater good...getting out of debt. I think a tear rolled down my cheek as I dropped them off at the post office. = ) It is all ok though because it is all just stuff and we can replace it later if we so choose once we are out of debt. We still have some other things we are going to sell and hopefully that will bring in some extra cash so we can get our Emergency Fund going and then start on our Debt Snowball. This is all very exciting. I will post some pictures as a memorial for the stuff we once had...




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am way impressed that you even sold your kitchen table. You guys are fierce!
ReplyDeleteD
Wow- I know you love your Louis, that must have hard for you. But go you- walking the walk!! You guys are kicking butt!
ReplyDeleteThanks guys. This is only the beginning and we have so much left to go. It sure helps having a cheering squad! Plus now that I have made this public, I have no choice but to follow through with it.
ReplyDelete